No matter the situation, we're called to love others as Christ loved us. If you're looking for ways to love your community while social distancing, check out the prompts below to join us as we serve others.
IDEAS FOR OUTREACH
- Send a card to a nursing home saying how much you miss those who cannot leave.
- Send a note to the hospital telling medical workers you appreciate them and are praying for them.
- Put a note/bottle of sanitizer/wipes/treats in your mailbox for your mail carrier.
- Get a gift card to give to an essential worker next time you're at a store or business that is still open.
- Get a giftcard or other gift for someone you know who is currently laid off.
- Prayer walk your neighborhood and pray for each house. Offer to pray with neighbors who are outside as well.
- Get a gift card or gift for a high school senior or college student you know. (Also, students transitioning to other buildings next school year; it will be an awkward time for them).
- Walk your neighborhood or local trail or park and pick up garbage.